Forums » Discussion and support »
I2C V0.4 Board Buzzer on constantly when powered on for testing (not hooked to laos board)
Added by Techrat almost 8 years ago
The subject kind of says it all. Anyway, just soldered up my I2C v.4 board and was bench testing prior to hooking up to the laos main board and find that the Buzzer is active as soon as the board is powered up. Is this normal or did I get a component in wrong? I am quite positive that I have no solder bridges and reasonably confident that part orientations are correct so I thought I would check in to see if this might be typical operation when not connected to the Laos board.
Please let me know of likely suspects if this is not the normal mode of operation.
RE: I2C V0.4 Board Buzzer on constantly when powered on for testing (not hooked to laos board) - Added by Springuin almost 8 years ago
Buzzer contantly on is not normal (because that would be very annoying ;-) )
Is the atmega already programmed? If not that could be the cause.
Also check Q1 (orientation), if not sure, replace it. If you don't have a BS270 at hand, any other N-mosfet that can handle a few milliamps is fine, as long as you connect the drain, source and gate correctly.
RE: I2C V0.4 Board Buzzer on constantly when powered on for testing (not hooked to laos board) - Added by jaap almost 8 years ago
The buzzer is on constantly if the Atmel chip doesn't have the Arduino program yet.
RE: I2C V0.4 Board Buzzer on constantly when powered on for testing (not hooked to laos board) - Added by Techrat almost 8 years ago
If I follow along with the screen on the board as well as the pictures on the instructions page, the orientation of the BS270's are correct. Also, the Atmel chip is programmed and the Buzzer is on with both Debug=0 and Debug=1 as I have flashed the chip in both ways. With the atmel in Debug mode, The button presses all register unique numbers on the LCD so it would seem as though everything is working ok. I did have a few issues with Arduino libraries when flashing the chip. I didn't make notes but I believe that there were some functions that needed to be renamed in order to correlate with the version of the library I had. The Arduino IDE did give an explicit message indicating that these function names had changed which I had not seen before but found to be handy. I will review the transistor orientation one more time tonight. I will also take a look at the schematic and arduino sketch to see if I can troubleshoot further.