This is a cheap Chinese built laser that comes with a couple of different control boards, and some proprietary software.
Control board - 6c6879¶
This board uses a flat ribbon cable for X axis motor and both X and Y limit sensors, a 4 pin JST connector for the Y axis motor, and a 6 pin connector for power and laser control.
Y stepper cable¶
Flatcable for X stepper and endstops¶
Power and Laser¶
The PSU has 4 connectors.
1. K+/K- - Laser Test button
2. G/IN/5V - Power control potentiometer
3. D+/D- - Laser enable/safety interlock
4. 24V/G/5V/L - Power to controller board
Our K40-III had a completely different power system. Also the Moshidraw board and cabling we replaced didn't use the 5V rail that PSU generated, but you can (if you don't want to add the wire) use the 7805 to drop the 24V line to 5V.
Here are some photos of this PSU
Hooking it up¶
This machine is not what you'd call up to standards. Please bear in mind that there is no:
- Lid sensor
- Sensor to see if water is flowing
- Laser temperature sensor
- Cutting area temperature sensor to monitor for fire
- Extractor sensor to make sure fumes are being extracted.
Buy and operate this machine at your own risk. It is cheap, but you get what you pay for. In the K40-III Improvements will be some circuits to overcome some of these issues.